1. Store the album laying down. When albums are store upright, the weight pulls on the spine.
2. Direct sunlight can damage the outside of the album, as well as diminish the quality of the prints inside.
3. Laying the album flat while flipping pages prevents stress on the spine and distributes the weight of the book block evenly.
4. Avoid any liquid or food while handling the album. Both can transfer from your fingers to the pages of the album.
5. Humidity will cause the book block to come apart, as well as heat. Storing albums in vehicles or extreme heat will cause warping.
6. Avoid sitting objects on the album, it will leave indentions in the cover/cover material.