The temporary files that are created and used when running the LOKTAH ROES application (commonly called the "Java cache") can become corrupt or outdated, and can cause issues with opening and using LOKTAH ROES. Issues such as buttons showing as inactive or not appearing properly, the Products or Options sections not appearing properly, issues with rendering items in the Shopping Cart, or issues with completing an order for upload may be solved by clearing the Java cache files.
Installing and running LOKTAH ROES under Mac OS does not require Java to be installed separately. This is because the installer file (launch.dmg) includes an embedded version of Java. Because of this, the Java cache files will need to be cleared a different way:
- Save your order in progress, then close LOKTAH ROES.
- Open a Finder window.
- From the menu bar at the top of your screen (the Apple menu bar), click the Go heading.
- From the drop-down menu that opens, click Go to Folder.
5. In the Go to Folder dialog, type in ~/.roesenginecache (the dialog may capitalize some of the letters, but it is not case-sensitive).
6. The .ROESEngineCache folder will open in the Finder window.
7. Right-click on the .ROESEngineCache folder, and select Move to Trash, or you can simply click + drag that folder to the Trash.
8. Reopen LOKTAH ROES by double-clicking either the icon on the Desktop, or the one in Applications.